About This Blog

As time permits, in-depth musings on myriad subjects will be posted. Abbreviated adages will be announced via Twitter.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Yo-ga! Yo-ga!

I was feeling like absolute poop tonight. I really needed to get a swim in, and even made enough progress on the PAPE2 midterm to allow myself to go to the gym, but time got the better of me; lunch for the rest of the week still needed to be prepared, which included a trip to the grocer.

After talking with N--- (tomorrow's her birthday!), I changed into a pair of shorts and popped in a DVD I bought a few years ago, Yoga Conditioning for Athletes. I'd not done much of anything resembling yoga for several months, so I navigated my way through the DVD to the five-minute "mini" workouts, thinking I could handle that. Within seconds, I realized just how tight my body had become, but I persevered, stretching to the best of my (in)ability.

Who knew five minutes could make such a huge difference in one's physical & psychological well-being? When finished with the set, I felt completely rejuvenated, including nearly no pain in my right leg (it has since returned with some emphasis, but is much less noticeable than it was three hours ago.

And that's my two-bit post for tonight. I felt the strong urge to write something, but I didn't know where to begin. Yea, yoga.

I'm hoping to get a bit more sleep tonight, so my next posting should be a tad more coherent. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love your weblog! Very nice post! Still you can do many things to improve it.

rH3uYcBX