About This Blog

As time permits, in-depth musings on myriad subjects will be posted. Abbreviated adages will be announced via Twitter.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Cats & Dogs

Holy schneikes, a second post in as many days? What's the world coming to? Judging by the sounds of thunder and the flashes of lightning, it's anybodies guess, but the fact that I'm dog-[expletive] tired, in spite of having done little more than 30 or 40 minutes of jokingly awful flip-turns this morning in the pool, leaves little doubt that it's at least the end of the day. And it's not even ten o'clock. All the same, it was a productive day...sort of. I did get my laundry finished, as well as the aforementioned flip-turns (on a side note, it seems as though I'm not too strong in the pool as of late, most likely due to the fact that I'm so dog-[expletive] tired, but I've also just felt so...empty inside; reality, indeed, bites), and I even had time to swing by Best Buy and pick up an iPod Nano -- something I've had my eye on for some time now. Granted, my Shuffle did its job nicely, but having an LCD and better playlist management was something I'd longed for, and, given that the 2nd Gen Nanos just hit shelves, I thought I'd take advantage of it. Big mistake, and I'm not talking buyer's remorse. I headed back to my house to get a few files transferred over (Disintegration, in particular; tonight would have been perfect for it) but instead encountered a slew of technical difficulties, culminating in the moving of the MP3 drive over to Tyler in order to get the Nano to even work; the USB card I put in Jan a couple of months back hasn't done jack except cause for me one headache after another. Things weren't too much better with Tyler, but I at least seemed to not lose the connection with the Nano. Then again, it was still repairing itself when I called it quits after forty or so minutes. And now, it's time to call it quits in my ramblings here. While there's no tin roof to hear the lulling effect of the rain in its descent from the heavens, the rolling of the thunder and my dog-[expletive] tired state should all but guarantee a good night's rest. Here's to hoping, and thanks for reading.//d

No comments: