About This Blog

As time permits, in-depth musings on myriad subjects will be posted. Abbreviated adages will be announced via Twitter.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

All for Naught?

The weather here has finally begun to cooperate. True, that means it's hotter 'n blazes out there, but at least there is no rain. That means regular, consistent runs & rides, not to mention a clean bike. I still get drenched, though; the humidity is awful.

I decided to read an email I received yesterday from the group putting on the Tri101 race this November. My delay was caused by thinking it was just another piece of hype from the group, touting something or other, but I was wrong...way wrong. It seems that the Tri101 race in The Woodlands won't even happen.

Apparently, there are some issues with getting the appropriate permits, safety something or other, or whatever the excuse was. What it comes down to, though, is that someone dropped the ball. A big ball, too, with the potential for great things. After posting the news in one thread of the 101 section of SlowTwitch, I see the same post another thread, with many comments, all forecasting doom for the 101 series; The Woodlands is the second cancellation this season. As The Woodlands venue was the championships, that certainly does not bode well for the organizers, now or for future events.

So, here I sit, debating whether or not I should go do a track workout. Yeah, I need the exercise, but I've just kind of lost my motivation...at least for triathlon. Stonebridge is still a month-and-a-half out, but that's only an Olympic distance race, and I know I'd have no trouble with it, even if it were to begin in an hour. Well, maybe not quite that short. I'm still in the SA area, and Stonebridge is all the way up in Dallas. I'd definitely miss my wave start time.

Right, I'm rambling. I need to go silence my alarm clock (guess I hit the wrong button when I reset it this morning) and get ready for another glorious day at work, readying my classroom and myself for the beginnings of the 07-08 school year. I've my own gripes about some stuff on that, but I'll save that rant for another time. For now, I need to run, 101 or not. Thanks for reading.//d

No comments: