About This Blog

As time permits, in-depth musings on myriad subjects will be posted. Abbreviated adages will be announced via Twitter.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Less Than a Month

...to train & taper.
...to nail down gear.
...to figure out what I'm going to wear.

A 2-piece tri kit, of course, but I'd been working with the MS Society and one of the companies they use for cycling jerseys for a tri kit, and I thought for sure that it would happen. But, here it is, less than a month out, and the art work was only this past week approved. On that final art work was where I noticed that they jersey had sleeves. After some email exchanges and phone calls, it was decided that the jersey would not, in fact, have sleeves. However, something the way the guy at the kit company talked made it sound like he'd never made a tri kit before; it sounded like cycling gear.

So, once again with the emails. Once again with the waiting game. Time, unfortunately, is not on my side. MS Society kit or no, though, I am racing for them. For Nicholle. For the other women & men out there affected by MS. And I have less than a month to prepare.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: