About This Blog

As time permits, in-depth musings on myriad subjects will be posted. Abbreviated adages will be announced via Twitter.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

The Beginning

triathlon: "an athletic contest in which participants compete without stopping in three successive events, usually long-distance swimming, bicycling, and running"
-- dictionary.com

For several weeks -- maybe even months, I have kicked around the idea of creating a blog to chronicle my preparations, nay, musings, on the sport of triathlon, but have put it off for one reason or other. Having completed my final duty as newsletter editor for the local bike club, and being full on in preparing for a half-Iron distance race in April 2006, I can think of no reason to further postpone what will be, with comple certainty, the ultimate blog.

</sarcasm>

Be advised, this will not be a log of what workouts I did on what day; rather, what may be going through my mind during those workouts or as I enter the post. Because of my tight schedule, entries will not occur daily; weekly, if we're (both) lucky.

There could be more for this evening, but I'm afraid I've a house that needs cleaning and a bed that needs sleeping in. Today's ride was of greater speed and subsequent difficulty than intended, and I've not been eating properly the past couple of days. Call it a post-Thanksgiving rebellion for how much I ate on Thursday.

Tschuss.//d

No comments: