About This Blog

As time permits, in-depth musings on myriad subjects will be posted. Abbreviated adages will be announced via Twitter.

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Two Thousand and Nine

A new year has arrived, and, once again, I find myself at the home of N---'s parents in McKinney. But, my, the changes over the past two years.

This year is set to be mine & N---'s year. So much is in store for us, both respectively and collectively. N--- will complete her masters in chemistry; I, Ironman Coeur d'Alene. Shortly after N--- walks the stage in commencement of her degree, she will walk down the aisle for us to exchange our vows and become husband and wife. I count myself among the fortunate, the blessed for having been granted a second opportunity to make good on the greatest gift of all, love.

It is a long haul until December, though, and much must be done in preparation. Granted, the wedding should not be terribly complex, given our simplistic plans (we will not be like the couples featured on We Network's bridal shows -- oh, how glad I am to not have cable), but N--- has another semester of independent research, as well as another chemistry course to suffer through this fall. Leading up to all of that, I have many miles to swim, bike, and run in preparation for IM CdA, the first of which taking place in ten or twelve hours or so, as me, D---, and N--- go for a fast-paced stroll around White Rock Lake. But, before I can even get to that, I need to get to bed.

Happy New Year, and thanks for reading.

No comments: