About This Blog

As time permits, in-depth musings on myriad subjects will be posted. Abbreviated adages will be announced via Twitter.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Nothing to Say

Not that I can articulate, anyway.

The summer has been relatively uneventful, post-Ironman. I've cleaned house, I've read, I've watched assorted DVDs -- oh, and I've gone to see an alleged summer blockbuster. I know that I am old, for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was one of the worst films I have ever seen and the worst $10.50 I have ever spent. Going to see Bruno (which I won't be doing, so calm thyself) would likely be a step up in both entertainment and intellect.

Swimming, biking, running continues to be somewhat of the norm, although not so much on the swimming; I need to fix this, along with my right arm stroke. Last Thursday's outing to Boerne Lake was most disappointing, for I noticed the right arm provides absolutely zero, zip forward momentum. It as though I move my right arm through the water simply out of ceremony. No wonder my swim splits suck. Running is almost in the same boat, for I am just generally unmotivated to go run. Gotta fix that, though, for I've a 5k at the end of August. Now, cycling? That has been vastly improved since Idaho. Gotta keep that going, too.

But, first, it is time to clean house -- a task I intended to begin when my run fell to <expletive> this morning. Now that I have napped, fed, and goofed off for an unreasonable amount of time, I must begin. After all, tomorrow (and Wednesday, and Thursday), I get to go proctor TAKS! I truly know how to spend my summers.

Enjoy what precious little remains of the summer break, dear friends. Thanks for spending a bit of that time here, reading.

No comments: