About This Blog

As time permits, in-depth musings on myriad subjects will be posted. Abbreviated adages will be announced via Twitter.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Additional Thanks

It occurred to me while on weekend bike rides that I skipped giving some due credit to folks who totally deserved it. Mia cupla for the oversight:
  • Bicycle Heaven, without whom I would have had no race wheels, no new race frame, and a bike in less-than-optimal working condition. Thanks, Matt, Rick, Colby.
  • Rudy Project makes the best sunglasses & cycling helmets, period. As the name implies, Racing Red is, by far, the best lens option for racing in any conditions, and the SportMask frame is as lightweight & comfortable as it gets. Same goes for the Syton aero helmet. You guys rock.
  • Nike is no sponsor of mine, but I do want to comment on how nice some of their niche equipment is for training & racing. The Resolute, a mirrored Swedish-style swim goggle, is second to none in the water. On the bike, the old-school tri shoe (I forget the model, and they're still in transit back from CdA) cradles the foot for 100+ miles in comfort & style, while the carbon sole delivers power when & where needed; sucks that Nike got out of the cycling market. Nike does, however, still make some incredible running shoes; specifically, the Free. While not for everyone, I am happy to say that the Nike Free is the best shoe in which I've ever run. The two marathons for which I've worn the Free have had my feet surrounded in comfort from the first step to the last.
  • John Cobb & Elite Bicycles, in Tyler, Texas, are bicycle fit experts. It's a heck-of-a-drive to the middle of nowhere, but the journey will never be so scenic nor so worthwhile.
  • Jim Britton arranged to have a trailer filled with bikes & transition bags hauled to & from Idaho, making getting myself there & back again all the easier. Thanks, Ironman.
I'm sure there are others I have forgotten, and, for that, I apologize. The above just really needed to be called out for their contributions in making my race the success that it was...even though my finishing time was off-target. Sigh.

Thanks for the support, and thanks for reading.

No comments: