About This Blog

As time permits, in-depth musings on myriad subjects will be posted. Abbreviated adages will be announced via Twitter.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ice, Ice, Baby

For the second day in a row, school has been canceled. As a kid, I know I would have been ecstatic about having school canceled (and was, when it snowed in 1984, and we received two days off for it), but, now, I'd rather brave the elements, teach my stuff, and not have to worry about make-up days in a couple of months. I was actually disappointed when I received the call yesterday afternoon, thinking that it wouldn't be as bad as what forecasters had predicted -- after all, how often are they right? The pictures at right were what greeted me this morning when I stepped outside. Ice was everywhere.


Sixteen-inch long icicles dripping from the rooftops, a blanket of slipperiness over the stones by the workshop, and layer of ice half-an-inch thick over the chainlink fence -- which proved quite effective in keeping the gates shut. So, here I am, at home, again. Crookshanks can't decide if she's an indoor or outdoor cat (she'll go outside for ten minutes, come inside, then want to go back outside ten minutes later; like a fool, I oblige her), which makes getting anything done inside somewhat complicated.



According to the assorted weather outlets, today is the last of the worst, and I really do hope so. I'm anxious to get rolling and running again, and hope to be able to make it to Dallas this weekend to visit my new nephew, as well as visit some friends. For now, it's house cleaning time before trying to make my way to the gym. I just hope the mercury cooperates.

No comments: