About This Blog

As time permits, in-depth musings on myriad subjects will be posted. Abbreviated adages will be announced via Twitter.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Please, Make It Stop!

I thought that after Saturday, things would get back to normal. I would be able to sleep. I would be able to eat better. I would not be awake past midnight, typing my thoughts for you, the world, to read. Boy, do I feel foolish.

The school's production of High School Musical ended two days ago, and I'm still hearing those @$(*& songs in my head. I've prescribed for myself a steady diet of Cure and Nine Inch Nails, but, thus far, to no avail. It does help when I'm at work and my mind is heavily occupied, but get me at home, and it's a different story. Even now, with Year Zero blaring in 7.1 channels of super awesome stereo, I can still hear how "this could be the start of something new"; new my arse; this crap's getting old, fast. With daylight savings time fast approaching, I'm hoping to catch B--- out on a ride sometime and query him about that background, semi-subliminal technique he mentioned some churches have made use of and the likelihood of the Mouse House making use of it, as well. But, I digress.

It looks as though my last post was on the 10th, so, let's see what all has transpired since N--- ran her season PR at the Houston Half:
  • I didn't bandit the Houston Half. Much contemplation, coupled with much bad-mouthing of yours truly and/or anyone who even thinks about banditting a race, made me rethink things. That, plus a tight calf muscle which debilitates running, kept me off the course, and in the Houston Convention Center, grading papers. How exciting.
  • Annual post-holiday party in Big D at D--- & K---'s. Oodles of fun, as always, though I fear a separation growing between the former & me. Perhaps I'm just misreading, what, with everything going on in our respective lives. I would truly hate to lose a friend as good as he.
  • Chat with N---'s dad about the future. Went well and has made me feel confident about where N--- & I are headed and how we're going to get there.
  • Sponsorship from Rudy Project. Not the multi-million dollar deal I was hoping for, but the discount on shades & lids has been handy. I so cannot wait to race with my new Syton.
  • Aforementioned wrapping of HSM. Wonderful show to have been a part of. Not sure if I'll go again if asked, for the time commitment was a bit more than I bargained for. Still, apart from the technical difficulties beyond the control of all parties involved with production, all comments have been positive; the kids (for the most part) truly acted like real professionals. Color me impressed.
  • Texas Independence Relay is now less than one month out. Looking forward to it, despite the self-perceived pathetic condition I find myself in. I just think it'll be cool to do it.
  • It's TAKS season. The big test is exactly one month from tomorrow, and I'm a little concerned. I've been unable to spend as much time on writing as I would have liked, but I hope to remedy that, beginning this week. I'll pull out the prompts and get the kids to writing. Well, that's the plan, anyway. Hope it works here; it did at HMS.
Year Zero is winding down, so I guess I'll cue up Disintegration and make my way to bed with TTC. Tomorrow is a whole new day and another chance to get a whole lot of grading done. I'll need to be on top of my game to ensure that gets done, too. So, good night, and thanks for reading.

No comments: