About This Blog

As time permits, in-depth musings on myriad subjects will be posted. Abbreviated adages will be announced via Twitter.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Gear Up

For nearly $400, one would expect a bicycle computer to do its <expletive> job, right? Right. Such is not the case when it comes to Polar's S725X.

I bought this little gem over Spring Break month before last, as I tend to train much better with an HRM, plus I was hoping to clean up the looks of things on my rides. The S725X certainly did the cleaning up part, and also did well with HR data, BUT, when it comes to cycling feedback, there is a bit to be desired.

In a nut shell, either the speed sensors were not transmitting data 100% of the time or the S725X was not receiving data 100% of the time. Regardless, I'm not happy, and I lack the inclination to figure out what's wrong with it. A pair of Specialized Speedzone wireless computers should hit my doorstep tomorrow, so, after a quick spin tomorrow evening, I'll have a better idea of what my electronics setup will look like for the remainder of the season. Of course, should I opt for the non-Polarized route, I'll have to go back to manually entering data to track my workouts. Bleck.

There. I just had to whine some about how complicated I make my life, especially when it comes to relative non-essentials. The next post will be better, I promise, as I am just really, really tired right now. So, it's off to bed with me. Thanks for reading.

No comments: