About This Blog

As time permits, in-depth musings on myriad subjects will be posted. Abbreviated adages will be announced via Twitter.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Extreme DVD

My DVD player crapped out on me the other day, so I headed over to the local Sony outlet store and eyed a 400-disc changer for a hair over one C-note. My walkout price, including extended warranty was $149, a fraction of what I paid for my first DVD player. I get it home, get it loaded and am floored by the quality over my previous Denon player. Trouble is, the changer is friggin' huge. Plus, programming data for the ~150 DVDs that did not have pre-coded data looks to be a right pain in the rumpus. Do I really need a 400-disc changer? Do I really want to spend the rest of my spring break programming DVD data?

Hmm...as I type this, I think I have found my answer. It's back to Sony I go...

No comments: