About This Blog

As time permits, in-depth musings on myriad subjects will be posted. Abbreviated adages will be announced via Twitter.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm In

I did it: I am officially registered for Ironman Coeur d'Alene, June 21, 2009.

What began as just shooting the breeze with D--- on his last ride with SAW this past weekend, I got to thinking about it, debating it with N--- (cost was a huge factor -- $551 [incl. Active.com fees {geez, can you say "racket"?}] is a lot of money for a single race), and I finally broke down and signed up. I am committed. Heck, I should be committed. Well, at least I can say that I've done one...or will be able to say. Then again, I guess I'll need to train. Seriously.

The back yard needs mowing, so I'm going to go tend to that. Wish me well and stay tuned for the hilarity that is sure to be my year's worth of training to not only finish Ironman Coeur d'Alene (yeah, gonna need to work on that spelling), but also to finish it in less than 12 hours. That's just a personal goal I'd set for myself, hence the extraordinary delay in my registering (that and the HUGE price tag, but, with an increase of $100 in this year versus last, my argument was that, like the price of gas, it's not going to get any cheaper).

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dale,

3 years ago today that I finished IM CDA so you'll do great. Glad to see you went for it.

DP