About This Blog

As time permits, in-depth musings on myriad subjects will be posted. Abbreviated adages will be announced via Twitter.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lock & Load

BSLT is on Sunday.

Transition & vacation bags are packed. Bikes are primed. I, for a change, feel relaxed and focused on the job at hand: Have as awesome of a race as possible.

While I don't recall every nuance of the course, I do remember some of the key points (like the mile-long, 9% climb right out of T1). That, plus the use I've been making of my HRM during training should make for a quality race. Of course, I've no hopes of qualifying, but that's not why I'm going. I'm going to have a more enjoyable race than I did in 2006 (no offense, B---, as it had nothing to do with you, S---, or the abundant hospitality given to me, the leach).

With that said, N--- & I are going to swing by the gym for a light swim (just to stretch out after an awesome massage last night), fuel ourselves, fuel up the car, and then head out. I've no idea what Internet access will be like in Lubbock or in Colorado (where we're headed the day after the race), but I'll be sure to pop back in with a post-race report as soon as I'm able. Have a great weekend, and thanks for reading.

No comments: