About This Blog

As time permits, in-depth musings on myriad subjects will be posted. Abbreviated adages will be announced via Twitter.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Winds of Change

Not much to report in tonight other than that summer holiday officially began today. I had no obligations to go anywhere or do much of anything today, so, after a track workout at UTSA (high school tracks are still under a path of gravel that would seriously disrupt anything faster than a 10-minute mile) with N---, I headed home and proceeded to play Lego Star Wars for the better part of the morning. After some piddling around the house (and a nap with the cat), I headed out for the Tuesday night ride in Cibolo. Boy, did that suck.

The wind has been blowing nearly non-stop for the past week or two -- and it's been more than a gentle summer breeze. Tonight's wind was so fierce, I almost considered abandoning the ride with J--- & B--- because I was having so much difficulty controlling my bike (oh, yeah, forgot to mention: the top tube now sports a really neat indention, courtesy of a concrete pylon at the Shell station on 281; no word from Cdale, but I'm not exactly holding my breath). A short while later, though, we caught the tailwind and cruised at ridiculous speeds. I ran out of gears on the flat stretches, hitting nearly 40 in some areas. Imagine if my legs hadn't been shot from the morning's track workout.

Gads. So much babble. I need to wrap this up and head to bed. More later, depending on how bored I get during the summer. Thanks for reading.

No comments: